Inspired by the brand itself, professional voiceover talent Kelley Buttrick went off-road, veering from her smooth road paved with great agents and repeat clients to adopt the Jeep approach: Go Anywhere, Do Anything.
#KB4Jeep is a one-of-a-kind marketing effort to prove to Jeep that Kelley Buttrick is the voice of any terrain. How does it end? We don’t know yet, but we’re hoping it’s happy.
Meet professional voice talent, Kelley Buttrick, and in 60 seconds learn why she is the ideal addition to the roster of voices telling the Jeep story.read more
The Beginning and Evolution
Kelley Buttrick: A Voice for Any Terrain launched as a direct marketing campaign with 8 videos and 4 snail mail pieces all sent directly to Jeep/FCA marketing executives and decision makers at their affiliated advertising agencies.
After Jeep announced their #MyJeepStory effort in February 2016, Kelley’s campaign evolved into #KB4Jeep, a public social media blitz. In addition, our team continues to send snail mail and email communication pitches to Jeep/FCA powers that be, and we expanded our list of contacts as we researched their affiliated creative agencies.
See Spark Go, an Athens-based PR firm, still runs the media pitching, and #KB4Jeep has been covered by AdWeek, PRDaily and numerous other publications and podcasts.
BEHIND THE SCENES
Forget a village. It’s taken an entire metropolis of creative, hard-working and very patient people to make this campaign happen!
After months of research, brainstorming and a flurry of emails back and forth between the digital marketing company, graphic designer, photographer, consultants, and Super-Intern, it was time to pull the trigger. Shooting days were crazy fun! Locations included forest trails, a local park, and even Kelley’s driveway. There’s a special dynamic when hiring people who are also friends. It’s magic.
Other than the tick Edwin found on his back after laying on the ground in the woods to set up a shot, no blood was shed and no one was hurt, but we sure had a lot of fun.
Why? (Straight from the VO’s Mouth)
When considering marketing strategies, I asked myself, what it was I really wanted. The answer? To voice for a brand I love, and I love Jeep.
This campaign is a passion project requiring me to not only manage a 6.4L HEMI V8 engine’s worth of moving parts, but also to balance that with my full-time job as a voiceover talent. Sure, it’s cost me money, but I’ve also invested countless hours, sleepless nights, and a huge chunk of my heart in doing something never before done in my industry.
Chatting with industry colleagues about it, people have said things like:
- “Are you really sure you want to try this?”
- “You’re crazy…good crazy, but definitely crazy.”
- “Can I hire you to do my marketing?”
- Talent Agent Representation: Jeffrey Umberger, Umberger Agency
- Photography: Pitter Productions
- Graphic Design: Notobella
- Audio Post and Male VO: Zak Miller, 50to1 Studios
- Original Digital Marketing Agency & Video Production: Prolifik
- Creative Consultation: Lisa Biggs, Ron Huey, Sara Waters, and Jim Spruell
- Super Intern: Paige Smith
- Grammar Guru: Allison Floyd
- Media Pitches: See Spark Go
- Website Redesign: MONSTERS Unlimited
- New Video Content Producers: Kelley Buttrick, Zak Miller, Mystery Joe, Max Henry, Christina van Allen
- Printing: Athens Printing
- Friends Willing to Share Their Talents and Lend a Hand: Dr. David Gaines, Ashley Harp Sheppard, Missy Minardi, John Spalding, Holly Craig, Brian John, Sam Hudson, Andrew Coffman, Tony Messano, Chris Taylor-34 Degrees North Land Art, The Jeep Mafia, Sarah Freeman, UGA’s Creative Consultants and my awesome family
Just some of the clients that trust Kelley with their message...
Kelley Buttrick | Female Voice Talent // Classic Service. Modern Sound.
ISDN SPIDS 706.769.8108/8109 // ®2016 KB Voiceovers | All rights reserved.